BOSTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's cross country team finished ninth while the men took 15th at the Open New England Championship on Saturday at Franklin Park.
In a field that included numerous Division I squads, the Polar Bear women were the second Division III squad among 22 teams while the men were the top Division III team in a field of 25.
- Bowdoin's Caroline Shipley was the top finisher in the women's meet for the Polar Bears, taking 17th place in a time of 18:21.4 to establish a personal-best time in the 5K.
- Delaney Bullock ended in 36th place overall (18:45.6) for Bowdoin while Leila Trummel took 62nd spot (19:17.9) for the Polar Bears.
- For the Bowdoin men, the top five runners all posted personal-best times on the 8K course.
- Leading the way for the Polar Bears were Luca Ostertag-Hill in 51st (26:04.4) and Andrew Meredith in 52nd (26:04.6).
- The Polar Bears will enjoy a week off before returning to action by hosting the Bowdoin Invitational II at Pickard Fields on October 26.