WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's and women's track and field teams competed at the New England DIII Championship over the weekend and turned in multiple All-Region results.
The women secured 50 points as a team to place fourth overall and broke two school records. Athletes who finished in the top-three were named All-New England Honorees. The men finished 13th overall with 26.5 points.
Women's Meet Highlights
- The 4x100m placed 2nd with a school record time of 48.04. Morgen Gallagher, Brittney McKinley, Angela Wallace, and Samantha Schaefer made up the relay team.
- The 4x400 also placed 2nd with a new school record time of 3:51.53 with the squad of Emma Beane, Morgen Gallagher, Samantha Schaefer, and Sara Ory.
- Brittney McKinley placed 2nd in the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.23, she also placed 5th in the 200m at 25.48.
- In the 400-meter hurdles, Sara Ory earned a 3rd place finish with a time of 1:02.09.
- Caroline Shipley earned a 4th place finish in the 1500m, turning in a time of 4:38.69.
- The 4x800m relay team of Abigail Osmanski, Delaney Bullock, Claire Traum, and Julia O'Rourke, finished 4th in 9:24.46.
- Belinda Saint Louis finished 4th in the shot put, throwing 12.53.
- In another field event, Serena Jonas was 8th in the discus with a throw of 35.64m.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Yaw Sekyere placed 2nd in the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.76.
- Owen Tuck placed 7th in the 200m with a time of 22.04.
- Naphtali Moulton earned All-New England honors with a 3rd place in the 5k at 15:02.63.
- The 4x100m relay crew of Mason Freeman, Owen Tuck, Troy Green, and Yaw Sekyere finished 6th in a time of 42.65.
- In the field events, Reed Foster finished 6th in the long jump with a distance of 6.70m.
- Amir Parker threw for 8th in the shot put with a 14.13m.
- Ryan Durkin turned in a 5th place finish in the pole vault, topping out at 4.46m.
- Open New England's are next Saturday at Southern Connecticut.