CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Bowdoin College track & field teams recorded fantastic finishes at the New England Division III Championship this weekend at MIT.
The Polar Bear women raced to a 6th place finish (35), and were the third among NESCAC teams, while the Bowdoin men took 8th (30) and were fourth among conference schools.
Women's Meet Highlights
- Sarah Kelley won the New England Division III crown in the 1500M in a time of 4:32.62
- Claire Traum set a new school record in the 800M (2:13.14), placing second, while Sara Ory was fourth in the 400M hurdles in 1:02.64.
- Julia O'Rourke was fifth in the 10,000M in 39:58.98
Men's Meet Highlights
- Brian Greenberg took third in the triple jump (14.46m) and fourth in the long jump (6.89m).
- John Pietro was second in the hammer throw (56.01m).
- Yaw Sekyere finished second in the 100M (10.79) while Conor Donahue placed fourth in the 800M (1:42.68).
- The Polar Bears will compete in the Open New England championship next weekend at Dartmouth College.