BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College indoor track teams both placed third in their second meet of the season, the Bowdoin Invitational II on Saturday at Farley Field.
The Polar Bears boasted numerous winners in both the men's and women's meet, as MIT came away with the wins in both, followed by Tufts.
Men: 1. MIT (174.5), 2. Tufts (132), 3. Bowdoin (100), 4. Merrimack (88), 5. USM (61.5)
Women: 1. MIT (212), 2. Tufts (127), 3. Bowdoin (102), 4. USM (78), 5. Merrimack (59)
- Sean MacDonald led the way for the Bowdoin men, establishing a new Farley Field House record in the 3000m (8:27.26).
- Three Polar Bear field athletes earned wins for the second consecutive week in their events: Brian Greenberg (men's triple jump), Belinda Saint Louis (women's shot put) and John Pietro (men's shot put).
- For the second week in a row, Brian Greenberg broke his own Bowdoin record in the triple jump at 14.76 meters.
- Saint Louis claimed the women's shot put at 11.95m while Pietro took the men's shot put at 15.93m.
- On the track, Sarah Kelley won the women's mile (4:57.74) while Caroline Shipley took the women's 1000M (3:03.12).
- The Polar Bears will return to action with their third and final indoor home meet of the season next Saturday at 1:00 p.m.