Posted: Apr 20, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The eighth-ranked Middlebury College men's tennis team tipped fourth-ranked Bowdoin, 5-4, in a match at Maine Pines on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears fall to 12-3 with the loss.
- Three incredibly tight doubles matches saw Middlebury pull out two tiebreak wins at number one and two to take a key 2-1 advantage into singles play.
- Bowdoin won at number three doubles, 8-6, courtesy of Justin Patel and Oscar Yang.
- The Polar Bears got a straight-set win from Patel at number five singles, 6-3, 6-3, and claimed a pair of three-set victories at number one from Grant Urken (4-6, 7-6, 6-2) and number three from Yang (6-7, 7-5, 6-2).
- Middlebury won a trio of three-set singles matches, however, to clinch the victory.
- Bowdoin heads to Lewiston on Tuesday afternoon to play Bates at 4:00 p.m.