AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst men's tennis team rallied from a 4-0 deficit to upset Bowdoin 5-4 on Sunday afternoon.
The fourth ranked Polar Bears (12-2) were riding an eight match win streak. The seventh ranked Mammoths (12-2) had won six straight coming into the day.
- Bowdoin swept double play to go ahead 3-0.
- Grant Urken/Jerry Jiang cruised 8-2 at #1 and Justin Patel/Oscar Yang were not far behind at #3 (8-3).
- The duo of Justin Wang /Evan Fortier completed the sweep with an 8-5 win at #2.
- Jiang was the only Polar Bear to earn a singles win, going 6-2, 6-2 at #2.
- Justin Patel was the only Bowdoin player to play a three-setter (6-4, 3-6, 6-7).
- Bowdoin will look to get back on track in a rematch of last year's National Championship against Middlebury at home on April 20.