CLINTON, N.Y. – The Bowdoin College men's tennis team rolled to its eighth straight win, sweeping Hamilton 9-0 on Saturday afternoon.
The fourth-ranked Polar Bears move to 12-1 on the year and will head to Massachusetts on Sunday for a showdown with seventh-ranked Amherst.
- Bowdoin sprinted to a 3-0 lead in doubles play with a trio of victories.
- Jerry Jiang/Grant Urken (8-1), Justin Wang/Evan Fortier (8-3) and Justin Patel/Oscar Yang (8-2) gave the Polar Bears an early cushion.
- Bowdoin cruised in singles play, picking up five straight-set wins.
- Jiang, Yang, Wang, Fortier and Luke Carstens took straight-set victories and Patel posted a 3-6, 6-3, 10-5 comeback win.
- The Polar Bears will play at Amherst on Sunday at noon.