BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin men's tennis team advanced to the Elite Eight for the third straight year after defeating RPI 5-1 on Saturday afternoon.
With the victory, Bowdoin ties the school record for single season wins (21) and advances to their third consecutive national quarterfinal appearance.
- Bowdoin took a 2-1 lead after doubles. The #2 duo of Kyle Wolfe/Yangeng (Jerry) Jiang and Gil Roddy/Larry Zhao at #3 posted 8-5 wins.
- Roddy won the first singles point for the Polar Bears at #5 (6-2, 6-0).
- Jiang (6-0, 6-2) at #4 finished just a minute before Grant Urken (6-2, 6-3) clinched the match at #1.
- The Polar Bears were up a set on all the remaining courts.
- The Polar Bears will face the winner of Washington University – St. Louis and Kenyon in the Division III quarterfinals on May 21 in Claremont, California. More details about the championship will be announced next week.