MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team closed its regular season with a pair of authoritative victories against Tufts and Wesleyan last weekend.
The Polar Bears finish their regular season with a record of 17-1, the best-ever regular season record for the program, and will enter the NESCAC Tournament as the third-ranked team in Division III.
Tufts Match Highlights
- Bowdoin overwhelmed 18th-ranked Tufts in singles play to take a commanding 8-1 victory on Saturday in Medford.
- The Polar Bears led 2-1 after doubles play thanks to wins from Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang (8-4) and Gil Roddy/Larry Zhao (8-4).
- Bowdoin polished off the win with a sweep of singles play, winning all six matches by straight-sets.
- The most impressive victories came from Luke Tercek (6-1, 6-2), Gil Roddy (6-0, 6-4) and Justin Patel (6-2, 6-3) as Bowdoin coasted to the win.
Wesleyan Match Highlights
- Bowdoin duplicated their effort against 12th-ranked Wesleyan on Sunday in Middletown, taking an 8-1 win in the exact same fashion.
- A 2-1 lead after doubles action, courtesy of wins from Luke Tercek/Grant Urken (8-5) and Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang (8-3) was followed by a sweep of singles matches.
- A trio of straight-set wins sealed the deal, led by Kyle Wolfe (6-3, 6-2), Gil Roddy (6-4, 7-6) and Justin Patel (6-4, 6-3).
- The Polar Bears will play in the NESCAC Tournament next weekend at Amherst College. Seedings and pairings for the championship will be announced on Tuesday afternoon.