BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team cruised to a late-night 5-0 win over Bates at Maine Pines Tennis Center on Wednesday evening.
In a match that was moved indoors due to the rain and played to decision, the second-ranked Polar Bears improved to 15-1 with the Bobcats falling to 7-8 overall. The victory avenges a 7-2 upset loss to Bates by Bowdoin last year in Lewiston.
- The Polar Bears put the contest out of reach early, taking a 3-0 lead in doubles play.
- Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang highlighted the opening wave with a 8-0 shutout at #2 doubles.
- Justin Patel/Gil Roddy (8-4) and Grant Urken/Luke Tercek (8-5) completed the doubles sweep.
- Wolfe completed his perfect night with a 6-0, 6-0 win at #3 singles.
- Justin Patel clinched the decision with a 6-4, 6-3 victory at #6.
- Bowdoin closes out the regular season this weekend with a pair of matches: at Tufts on Saturday (1:00 p.m.) and at Wesleyan on Sunday (12:00 p.m.)