BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team posted an authoritative win against Amherst in their home-opener on Sunday afternoon at the Maine Pines Tennis Center.
The Polar Bears, ranked second in the latest ITA Division III poll, remain perfect at 11-0 this season. The seventh-ranked Mammoths fall to 7-2.
- Bowdoin took all suspense out of the match early, sweeping doubles play to grab a 3-0 lead.
- Gil Roddy/Justin Patel cruised to an 8-0 win at #3 while Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang recorded an 8-3 win at #2 doubles.
- Grant Urken/Luke Tercek posted an 8-5 win at #1 to give Bowdoin the commanding lead.
- The Polar Bears put the Mammoths away early in singles play, taking straight-set wins at #2, #3, #4 and #6 to cap the victory.
- Luke Tercek (6-3, 6-3), Kyle Wolfe (6-3, 6-3), Jerry Jiang (6-1, 6-2) and Justin Patel (6-2, 6-1) earned the straight-set singles wins for Bowdoin with Gil Roddy (3-6, 6-3, 10-3) earning a comeback win at #5.
- Bowdoin returns to action next weekend with a match at Brandeis on Friday followed by a clash with third-ranked Middlebury on Saturday.