CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team breezed past MIT, 7-2, in a rematch of last year's NCAA regional final on Friday evening.
The second-ranked Polar Bears remain unbeaten this season and improve to 9-0. The 26th-ranked Engineers drop to 2-4 this spring.
- Bowdoin needed a 9-7 win from Justin Patel/Gil Roddy to take the lead after doubles play as the teams split the other two doubles matches.
- Luke Tercek and Justin Wang accounted for the other Bowdoin win at #2 doubles, winning 8-1.
- The Polar Bears finished it off with three straight-set singles wins from Kyle Wolfe (6-4, 6-2), Jerry Jiang (6-3, 6-3) and Justin Patel (6-2, 6-2).
- Luke Tercek (6-3, 4-6, 6-3) and Justin Wang (6-3, 6-7, 10-8) capped the day with three-set wins.
- Bowdoin heads to New London, Conn., on Saturday for a 2:00 p.m. match against Conn. College