PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team completed a perfect California trip with convincing 7-2 victory over Chicago in a battle of top-five teams on Wednesday.
The second-ranked Polar Bears (8-0) continued to roll, picking up the win over the fifth-ranked Maroons (10-2). Bowdoin finished the eight-match trip an incredible 22-2 in doubles matches.
- The Polar Bears posted their sixth 3-0 sweep of doubles matches of the west coast swing, taking an early lead against Chicago and cruising to the win.
- Grant Urken/Luke Tercek and Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang both posted 8-5 wins at #1 and #2, respectively.
- Gil Roddy/Justin Patel completed the doubles action with a tiebreaker win at #3
- Four straight-set singles wins sealed the deal for the Polar Bears, led by dominant showings from Roddy at #5 (6-1, 6-0) and Patel at #6 (6-1, 6-1).
- Urken (6-4, 6-4) and Jiang (6-3, 7-6) accounted for the other Bowdoin wins.
- Bowdoin will return to action on March 30 when they head to play at MIT at 3:00 p.m.