CLAREMONT, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team remained unbeaten with a 7-2 win over 12th-ranked Carnegie Mellon on Wednesday evening in California.
The fourth-ranked Polar Bears improve to 5-0 this spring.
- The Polar Bears sprinted to a 3-0 lead in doubles play, taking an insurmountable advantage heading into singles play.
- Justin Patel/Gil Roddy and Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang eased to 8-2 wins and Grant Urken/Luke Tercek increased the Bowdoin lead with a 8-5 win at #1.
- Needing just two singles wins, Bowdoin got straight-set victories from Roddy (6-4, 6-1), Patel (6-2, 6-2) and Urken (7-5, 6-4).
- Jiang closed out the Polar Bear winners with a 4-6, 6-3, 11-9 comeback win.
- Bowdoin returns to action Friday at Whitman (9:00 a.m. PT)