Posted: Apr 20, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine - The fourth-ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team won three close doubles matches on the way to a 7-2 win over 32nd-ranked Colby College in NESCAC play Thursday.
The Polar Bears improved to 12-2 overall and 4-1 in the league. Colby drops to 10-6 overall and 2-4 in the NESCAC.
- Bowdoin was able to build a 3-0 edge in doubles play thanks to a trio of tight wins. Luke Tercek and Grant Urken won 9-7 at first doubles while Kyle Wolfe and Jerry Jiang also had a 9-7 win at second doubles.
- Gil Roddy/Justin Patel secured the doubles sweep with an 8-4 win at #3.
- Bowdoin clinched the victory with straight set wins at positions #3-6 in singles play.
- Jiang, Roddy, Carstens and Patel took comfortable wins to secure the 7-2 triumph.
- Bowdoin faces a busy weekend with an important road test at Williams on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. before returning home to battle MIT on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.