BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team dropped a tight 5-4 decision to Tufts in its regular season finale Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears finish their regular season with a record of 14-2 and will learn their seeding for the NESCAC Tournament in the coming days.
- Bowdoin led 2-1 after doubles play but couldn't find the clinching points in singles play and fell to the 13th-ranked Jumbos
- The Polar Bears got wins from Luke Trinka/Luke Tercek at #1 doubles (8-6) and a victory at #3 doubles from Chase Savage/Gil Roddy (8-4)
- Bowdoin was only able to muster two wins in six singles matches, however, getting points from Trinka (6-4, 6-4) and Grant Urken (6-3, 7-6)
- Tufts won a hard-fought three-setter at #2 to clinch the match as Rohan Gupte edged Kyle Wolfe, 6-7(9), 6-3, 7-6(5)
- Pairings for the NESCAC Tournament will be announced in the next day or two. The championship is scheduled for May 6-8 at Bates College