BRUNSWICK, Maine - The second-ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team slammed ninth-ranked Williams 8-1 in a top-ten battle at Pickard Courts on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears stand at 12-1 this spring with the victory.
Watch Luke Tercek's match-winning point:
- Bowdoin put the Ephs in an early hole, grabbing a 3-0 lead in doubles play, and never looked back
- Jerry Jiang and Kyle Wolfe made quick work at #2 doubles with 8-4 win while Luke Tercek/Luke Trinka and Chase Savage/Gil Roddy netted 8-5 wins at #1 and #3, respectively
- In singles play, Bowdoin won the first two completed matches to seal the win. Jiang earned a 6-1, 6-4 victory at #4, putting Bowdoin one point away
- Luke Tercek clinched the win with an authoritative 6-1, 6-2 win at #1 to put the Polar Bears over the top
- Bowdoin also got wins from Wolfe (4-6, 6-4, 10-7), Roddy (7-5, 6-4) and Grant Urken (6-2, 6-7, 11-9)
- The Polar Bears will continue their homestand on Wednesday evening as they host Bates in a match beginning at 4:00 p.m.