WALTHAM, Mass. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team cruised to a 7-2 win over Brandeis in a non-conference match played on Friday evening.
The Polar Bears, ranked second in the latest Division III poll, improve to 11-0 this season.
- Bowdoin won a pair of doubles matches to take an early 2-1 lead, dominating at both #1 (Luke Trinka/Luke Tercek) with an 8-1 win and at #3 (Chase Savage/Gil Roddy) with an 8-1 triumph
- In singles play, the Polar Bears won five straight-set affairs to seal the victory
- Tercek (6-3, 6-4) and Trinka (7-6, 6-4) won at the top two positions
- Jerry Jiang (6-2, 7-5), Roddy (6-2, 7-5) and Grant Urken (6-3, 6-2) swept positions 4-6 to round out the Bowdoin winners
- The Polar Bears will be off on Saturday before returning to action on Sunday with a critical NESCAC match at Middlebury at 11:30 a.m.