BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team blanked Hamilton 9-0 in a match played indoors at Farley Field House on Saturday afternoon.
The second-ranked Polar Bears remain unbeaten at 9-0 this spring (3-0 NESCAC). Hamilton falls to 4-7 (0-2 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin took a trio of 8-2 wins to take a 3-0 lead in doubles play
- The Polar Bears followed it up with six straight-set wins in singles play
- The most dominant singles performance came from Gil Roddy at number five singles, who took a 6-1, 6-0 win
- Luke Tercek (6-2, 6-0), Luke Trinka (6-0, 6-2), Kyle Wolfe (6-1, 6-1) and Jerry Jiang (6-2, 6-0) all lost just two games in singles play while Grant Urken closed out the afternoon with a 6-0, 6-4 win
- Bowdoin will battle Amherst in a match-up of nationally-ranked teams on Sunday. The match has been moved indoors to the Maine Pines Tennis Center and will start at 3:00 p.m., not 2:00 p.m. as originally scheduled