MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - Trailing 2-1 following doubles play, the second-ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team won four of six singles matches to tip 11th-ranked Wesleyan 5-4 on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears remain unbeaten at 8-0 this season with the victory.
- Kyle Wolfe and Jerry Jiang claimed a big 9-8 win in doubles play to account for Bowdoin's lone point
- Luke Trinka and Luke Tercek lost a hard-fought 9-8 decision at number one singles as the Polar Bears trailed 2-1
- Bowdoin got back on track in singles play with Luke Tercek (6-3, 6-2), Kyle Wolfe (6-4, 6-3) and Grant Urken (4-6, 7-5, 6-0) put the Polar Bears on the cusp of victory
- Needing one more win, Gil Roddy sealed it with a straight-set 6-2, 6-2 victory to put the Polar Bears over the top
- Bowdoin is off until next weekend when they host NESCAC foes Hamilton (Saturday, 2:00) and Wesleyan (Sunday, 2:00) in consecutive days