BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team posted a 9-0 shutout win in its first East Coast regular season match of the year on Saturday at Babson.
The Polar Bears, ranked second in the latest Division III poll, improve to 7-0 this spring with the victory. No team has won more than two matches against the Polar Bears in any of those seven contests.
- Bowdoin swept doubles play to carry a 3-0 edge into singles action
- Luke Trinka/Luke Tercek were particularly dominant, capturing an 8-1 win at number one doubles
- The Polar Bears rolled to six straight-set wins in singles play to round out the victory
- Tercek claimed a 7-5, 6-4 at number one singles and Trinka netted a 6-4, 6-0 win at number two
- Kyle Wolfe (6-3, 6-1), Jerry Jiang (6-3, 6-1), Gil Roddy (6-3, 6-0) and Grant Urken (6-2, 6-0) accounted for the other Polar Bear wins
- The Polar Bears will continue their weekend road trip on Sunday at Wesleyan at 2:00 p.m.