CLAREMONT, Calif. - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team won five of six singles matches to collect a 7-2 win over Skidmore in California on Thursday evening.
The Polar Bears remain perfect at 3-0 this season and are ranked 11th in the latest Division III national poll. Skidmore falls to 5-2 and is ranked 24th nationally.
- Bowdoin held a 2-1 lead following doubles play as Luke Trinka/Luke Tercek won a 8-4 decision at number one and Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang took a 8-5 win at number two
- The Polar Bears took command in singles play, getting wins from Grant Urken (6-0, 6-2) at number six and Jiang (6-3, 6-2) at number four to put Bowdoin on the verge of victory
- Gil Roddy clinched the win for Bowdoin at number five, taking a 6-4, 6-1 win
- Trinka (6-2, 6-2) and Wolfe (4-6, 6-2, 10-3) also netted singles wins to round out the Bowdoin victors
- Bowdoin will enjoy an off-day Friday before returning to action on Saturday afternoon at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps