BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's tennis team got back
on track with a convincing 8-1 win over Colby on Thursday
afternoon. The 13th-ranked Polar Bears improve to 9-3 overall this
Nicholas Fenichell picked up a win at #1 singles and combined with Stephen Sullivan to blank Colby at the #2 doubles position. Casey Grindon and Jamie Neely also accounted for two points apiece, collectively earning at victory at #1 doubles and each winning their respective singles match.
The Polar Bears will return to action with a key conference match at top-ranked Middlebury this Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
Photos courtesy of Brian Beard and Creative Images
Bowdoin 8, Colby 1
1) Nicholas Fenichell (B) d. Tommy Kimball 6-1, 6-4
2) Dan Freeman (C) d. Josh Cranin 7-6(5), 6-2
3) Jamie Neely (B) d. Than Moore 6-2, 6-2
4) Adam Davis (B) d. Phillip Zunshine 6-2, 6-4
5) Casey Grindon (B) d. Matt Mantikas 6-1, 6-1
6) Michael Power (B) d. Joe Albano 6-1, 6-7(3), 10-4
1) Casey Grindon/Jamie Neely (B) d. Tommy Kimball/Phillip Zunshine 8-6
2) Stephen Sullivan/Nicholas Fenichell (B) d. Matt Mantikas/Dan Freeman 8-0
3) Josh Cranin/Kent Winingham (B) d. Trip Smith/Than Moore 9-8(4)