ORANGE, Cal. - The 12th-ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team
was impressive in their season-opener on Sunday, earning a 9-0
sweep at Chapman University. The Polar Bears (1-0) will battle
13th-ranked Trinity (Texas) in Claremont, California on Monday.
Bowdoin wasted little time putting the Panthers away on Sunday afternoon, sweeping the doubles matches and losing just one set in individual play. Jamie Neely and Nicholas Fenichell teamed to take #1 doubles (8-5) and earned individual points at number four and two, respectively. Stephen Sullivan posted a 6-4, 6-3 straight-set win at the top singles spot for the Polar Bears.
Bowdoin 9, Chapman 0
1) BOW - Neely/Fenichell d. Tevlin/Isip 8-5
2) BOW - Sullivan/Cranin d. Buttle/Rodriguez 8-2
3) BOW - Anderson/Winingham d. Klein/McCusker 8-3
1) BOW - Stephen Sullivan d. Dylan Tevlin 6-4, 6-3
2) BOW - Nicholas Fenichell d. Christian Isip 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
3) BOW - Josh Cranin d. Leland Buttle 6-1, 6-4
4) BOW - Jamie Neely d. Alex Klein 6-3, 6-1
5) BOW - Adam Davis d. Luciano Rodriguez 6-4, 6-4
6) BOW - Casey Gridon d. Tyler McCusker 6-1, 6-0