BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin men's and women's swimming and diving teams picked up a weekend sweep after defeating Wesleyan on Sunday afternoon.
In the second meet of the weekend, the 23rd-ranked Bowdoin women outscored Wesleyan 178 to 117 while the Polar Bear men won by a score of 230 to 63.
- Marshall Lowery, Sterling Dixon, Mary Laurita, and Amanda Banasiak won the 200 medley relay in 1:49.60.
- The Polar Bears took the top three spots in the 1000 freestyle led by Nadia Eguchi in a season best time of 10:42.72. Kate Fosburgh (10:53.95) and Claire Wolff (10:59.68) were also under 10 minutes. Fosburgh was also runner up in the 50 free (25.76).
- Mary Laurita was a double winner, taking the 200 free in 1:57.97 and the 200 IM with a 2:12.03. Jess Gearan was runner up in the 200 freestyle with a time of 2:00.53 while Eguchi snagged second (2:12.69) in the 200 IM.
- Dixon finished second in the 100 backstroke with a time of 59.25. She touched first in the 100 fly (58.89), just ahead of Lowery (59.66). Lowery was first to the wall in the 200 backstroke with a 2:08.37.
- Ally Fromson-Ho and Julianna Kiley went one-two in the 200 fly in times of 2:13.79 and 2:15.96. In the 500 free Kathleen Kemp (5:15.25) and Erin Moody (5:21.24) were first and second to the wall.
- Lowery, Fosburgh, Banasiak, and Gearan raced to a 3:36.87 to win the 400 freestyle relay.
- Rebecca Stern scored 237.59 points to edge first-year teammate Wren Sablich (228.97 points) on one meter. Sablich outscored Stern 238.20 to 235.72 on three meter. Thea Kelsey was third (200.85) on three meter.
- The Bowdoin B team of Ted Mebust, Stephen Pastoriza, Julian Abaldo, and Michael O'Neal out touched the A team of Justin Yang, Michael Tirone, Jacob Baltaytis, and Karl Sarier 1:35.66 to 1:36.01 to win the 200 medley relay.
- Gabriel Siwady ran down the swimmer from Wesleyan to claim the 1000 free in 10:11.45.
- Baltaytis and Cameron Chertavian finished first and second in the 200 free in times of 1:48.25 and 1:52.05. Coleman Komishane and Atticus Kangas went one-two in the 100 backstroke in 57.11 and 57.51. Komishane also added a win in the 100 freestyle with a time of 48.63.
- Tirone finished just ahead of Pastroiza in the 100 breast, 59.92 to 1:00.02. Yang followed them for third (1:02.78). Pastoriza had the upper hand in the 200, touching in 2:10.47 to Tirone's 2:20.32.
- Junior Jean Baptiste-Andre stopped the clock in 2:00.38 to win the 200 butterfly, just ahead of classmate Andrew Macdonald in 2:02.38. Andre was also first to the wall in the 500 free, finishing in 5:10.72.
- The Polar Bears went one-two-three in the 50 free, led by O'Neal with a 22.34.
- First-year backstrokers Yang and Mebust recorded nearly identical 200 backstroke times, finishing in 1:54.21 and 1:54.26, respectively. Mebust was also second in the 100 fly (54.67) while Abaldo was first with a 52.09.
- Sarier won the 200 IM, recording a 1:56.91. Chertavian (2:05.31) and Kangas (2:07.90) finished second and third.
- Baltaytis, Macdonald, Komishane, and O'Neal stopped the clock in 3:17.13 to win the 400 freestyle relay.
- Bowdoin took first through fourth on one meter, led by Mitchell Ryan with 290.40 points. Henry Isaacson scored 240.06 for second while Irfan Dotani (181.95) and Qyn Byrne (177.21) were third and fourth. Ryan scored 300.31 points to win three meter ahead of Isaacson (228.75), Dotani (193.58), and Byrne (158.46).
- The Polar Bears close out the regular season on February 2, hosting Colby.