BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Polar Bears opened a weekend of back-to-back dual meets with a commanding win against Trinity on Saturday afternoon.
The women defeated the Bantams by a 221-79 margin, with the men earning a 222-76 victory.
- Marshall Lowery, Sterling Dixon, Mary Laurita, and Amanda Banasiak opened with a quick in-season time of 3:59.26 in the 400 medley relay. The B team of Cecilia Dehavenon, Caitlin Loi, Ally Fromson-Ho, and Kate Fosburgh finished second in 4:10.06.
- The Bowdoin women finished first through sixth in the 200 freestyle, led by Nadia Eguchi in 1:57.77. First-year Erin Moody was also under two minutes with a time of 1:59.12. Kathleen Kemp followed for third in 2:00.16.
- Laurita continued the wins for the Polar Bears, touching in 28.27 to lead the team to a one through four finish in the 50 backstroke. Lowery snagged the top spot in the 50 breaststroke in 32.04. Laurita and Lowery went one-two in the 500 freestyle in times of 5:15.26 and 5:20.84. They were followed by first year Kate Moynihan for third in 5:22.16.
- First-year Fosburgh won the 100 free with a time of 54.18. She was also runner up in the 400 IM in 4:43.31. Classmate Jess Gearan touched in 1:02.12 to win the 100 backstroke.
- Ellie Wargo led a sweep of the 100 butterfly with her time of 1:00.04. Fromson-Ho was just behind in 1:00.28. Dixon picked up another first place for the team with a 1:10.01 in the 100 breaststroke. Wargo out touched Dixon 27.72 to 27.79 to win the 50 butterfly. Fromson-Ho raced to a 1:03.37 to win the 100 IM.
- Carly Dickson, Lowery, Eguchi, and Dehavenon posted a 1:42.09 to win the 200 freestyle relay.
- Wren Sablich won one meter diving with 250.04 points. Becca Stern was just behind her with a score of 247.42. On three meter Sten scored 259.29 points, less than a point more than Sablich with a score of 258.82.
- Justin Yang, Michael Tirone, Jacob Baltaytis, and Karl Sarier raced to a time of 3:28.54 to win the 400 medley relay. They were not far ahead of the B team of Ted Mebust, Stephen Pastoriza, Julian Abaldo, and Coleman Komishane in 3:31.06.
- In an impressive double Pastoriza hopped back in to win the 400 IM in 4:19.31.
- Komishane led a sweep of the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:46.41. Killian Dickson (1:49.15) and Daniel Williams (1:49.79) followed. Williams won the 500 freestyle in 4:52.87.
- First-year duo Yang and Mebust posted a one-two finish in the 50 backstroke in times of 24.63 and 24.64, respectively. Mebust had the upper hand in the 100 backstroke with a 53.16 to Yang's 53.58.
- Seniors Sarier and Pastoriza were first and second in the 50 breaststroke with times of 27.57 and 27.64. Sarier was also first to the wall in the 100 freestyle, stopping the clock in 47.11. Pastoriza added a victory in the 100 IM with a time of 56.98.
- Andrew Macdonald (53.83) and Yang (54.12) were the top two finishers in the 100 fly.
- Cameron Chertavian secured another Polar Bear victory with a 1:05.87 100 breaststroke. Teammate Alex Burns was runner up in 1:06.60.
- Sarier, Michael O'Neal, Abaldo, and Mebust swam a 1:26.40 to win the 200 freestyle relay.
- Mitchell Ryan scored 293.62 points to win one meter diving while Henry Isaacson was second with a score of 273.75. Ryan (325.58) and Isaacson (261.68) were also first and second on three meter.
- The Polar Bears return to the pool and host Wesleyan at 11:00 a.m.