Jan 19, 2019
ORONO, Maine – The Bowdoin swimming & diving teams traveled north to the University of Maine Orono for a non-scoring Saturday meet.
- Senior Ally Fromson-Ho won the 400 IM in 4:47.51 and junior Marshall Lowery finished second in 4:49.00.
- The Polar Bears also went one-two in the 200 freestyle with first-year Erin Moody (1:59.68) and sophomore Nadia Eguchi (2:00.73). Eguchi was also third in the 200 breaststroke (2:35.69).
- First-year Kate Fosburgh touched third in the 200 IM with a time of 2:16.68.
- Sophomore Mary Laurita finished runner up in the 50 freestyle with a time of 25.12. Laurita later stretched her skills up to the 500 freestyle and won the event in a time of 5:18.78.
- First-year Jess Gearan won the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:14.10.
- Wren Sablich (248.77 points), Rebecca Stern (244.42 points), and Thea Kelsey (229.79) were second, third, and fourth on the one meter board. On the three meter board Stern (255.22), Sablich (252.07), and Kelsey (242.70) finished first, second and third.
- A team of sophomores Michael Tirone, Jacob Baltaytis, Alex Burns, and Irfan Dotani finished second in the 200 medley relay in a time of 1:40.14.
- First-year Justin Yang won the 400 IM with a time of 4:21.06. He was also first to the wall in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:00.04. Junior Killian Dickson was runner up in the 400 IM with a time of 4:28.59. Senior Daniel Williams was runner up in the 200 fly (2:05.07).
- Coleman Komishane and Julian Abaldo finished first and second in both the 200 and 500 freestyles. In the 200 freestyle the got to the wall in 1:48.11 and 1:49.76, respectively. In the 500 freestyle Abaldo was out quick, but Komishane came home stronger, ultimately touching in 4:57.57 to Abaldo's 4:59.48.
- Karl Sarier was another double winner, touching first in the 50 freestyle in 22.10, and in 2:13.98 in the 200 breaststroke.
- Michael Tirone won the 200 IM by a half second, stopping the clock in 2:02.42.
- Ted Mebust and Jacob Baltaytis were first and third in the 100 freestyle with times of 49.68 and 50.38, respectively.
- Andrew Macdonald added another win for the Polar Bears with a 2:01.41 in the 200 backstroke.
- In the 200 freestyle relay, a team of juniors Abaldo, Dickson, Macdonald, and Mike O'Neal finished second in 1:30.80. The freshman team of Komishane, Yang, Atticus Kangas, and Mebust were third in 1:31.66.
- Mitchell Ryan won one meter diving with a score of 284.10. Teammates Henry Isaacson (246.60) and Irfan Dotani (193.58) were second and third. Ryan won three meter diving with 336.08 points while Isaacson was runner up with 247.43 points. Dotani scored 205.58 points for fourth place.
- The Polar Bears host Trinity next Saturday at 3:00 p.m.