BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College men's squash team picked up its first win of the season in a dramatic come-from-behind 5-4 win over Tufts on Saturday afternoon at the Lubin Center.
The Polar Bears (1-2) are ranked 26th in the latest national poll.
- The Polar Bears got on the board with early wins from Tyler Shonrock (3-0), John Milligan (3-1) and Satya Butler (3-2).
- Tufts maintained a 4-3 lead, however, with two matches remaining at #1 and #4.
- Ian Squiers tied it up for Bowdoin with a 3-2 win at #1 (2-11,11-4,11-9,2-11,11-8).
- Carson Claar, who was down 0-2 in his match at #4, rallied to clinch it for the Polar Bears with a dramatic 8-11,4-11,11-8,11-7,11-8 victory.
- The Polar Bears will return to action on January 9 against Wesleyan.