HARTFORD, Conn. - Bowdoin's Alex Reisley captured a five-game win at number four to lift the Polar Bear men's squash team to a dramatic 5-4 win over Hamilton in the opening round of the NESCAC Tournament on Friday at Trinity College.
The Polar Bears advance to the quarterfinals on Saturday morning at 10:30 a.m. against Middlebury
- Bowdoin got impressive 3-0 wins from Ben Bristol (11-6, 11-0, 11-5) at number three, Cryrus Nassikas (11-4, 11-7, 11-3) at number seven and Sebastian Kim (11-5, 11-7, 11-7) at number six
- The Polar Bears got to the brink of the win thanks to a win from Matthew Cooper at number two (11-8, 10-12, 11-7, 11-6)
- With the match in the balance, Reisley jumped to an early lead before having to recover in the number four match for a 11-6, 11-6, 6-11, 10-12, 11-6 win
- Bowdoin will face Middlebury in the quarterfinals at Trinity at 10:30 on Saturday
- The Panthers won the regular season meeting between the teams 9-0 on January 9