BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's squash team posted a pair of wins on a busy weekend of action around the region.
The Polar Bears collected wins over Hobart (5-4) and Hamilton (8-1) to balance setbacks to Wesleyan (5-4) and Brown (9-0). Bowdoin stands at 4-9 this winter and is ranked 21st in the latest College Squash Association poll.
- Bowdoin opened the weekend with a loss at 19th-ranked Wesleyan on Friday, 5-4, before bouncing back to defeat 24th-ranked Hobart 5-4
- The Polar Bears got great performances up and down the ladder in the setback, including five-game wins by George Cooley, Sebastian Kim and Henry Haig. Matthew Cooper earned a 3-1 win at number two in the loss
- Bowdoin had several clutch performances in the victory over Hobart as Cooper, Benjamin Bristol, Cyrus Nassikas all won hotly-contested matches. Haig netted a 3-0 win at number nine and Alex Reisley clinched the team victory with a five-gamer at number four to seal the win
- Bowdoin took a commanding 8-1 win over 28th-ranked Hamilton on Saturday. Despite the lopsided final, Bowdoin got five-game wins from Cooper, Bristol, Satya Butler and Nassikas. Ian Squiers, Cooley and Haig also earned wins
- In the loss to 16th-ranked Brown, Reisley and Butler were able to steal a game from each of their opponents in the setback
- Bowdoin will return to action on Friday evening with a home match against Connecticut College at 8:00 p.m.