BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's squash team fell in a trio of matches this weekend as they returned to action at the Lubin Center to start the new year.
The 21st-ranked Polar Bears stand at 2-7 this season after losses to third-ranked St. Lawrence (9-0), 18th-ranked Middlebury (9-0) and 14th-ranked Williams (8-1).
- After being swept by the Saints on Friday, the Polar Bears battled well against Middlebury on Saturday. Ian Squiers came the closest to earning a win for Bowdoin, falling 3-2 (4-11, 11-9, 8-11, 11-7, 11-9) at number five.
- Squiers finished off a win against the Ephs on Sunday, taking a 3-1 triumph (5-11, 11-9, 11-6, 11-9) at the five spot.
- George Cooley at number six and Sebastian Kim at number eight both pushed their opponents to the limit before falling in eventual 3-2 setbacks
- Bowdoin will return to action with three matches at Wesleyan this weekend
- The Polar Bears will play the Cardinals at 4:00 p.m. Friday before facing Hobart at 8:00 p.m. that evening. Bowdoin will finish off the trip by playing Hamilton at noon on Saturday