BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's squash team lost a 7-2 decision Friday night to Bates College.
The Polar Bears drop to 1-3 this season while the Bobcats improve to 3-1 overall. Bowdoin is ranked 21st in the latest CSA national poll while Bates stands 17th.
- Bowdoin got a pair of wins from the middle of its ladder to earn its two points on the evening
- Benjamin Bristol earned a win at number four, rallying for a 3-2 victory (2-11, 11-8, 10-12, 11-6, 11-5)
- Ian Squiers collected a win for Bowdoin at number five with a 3-2 win (11-7, 9-11, 11-1, 7-11, 13-11)
- Sebastian Kim also went to five games in his match at number seven singles in an eventual 3-2 setback
- The Polar Bears play a pair of matches Saturday on the road at MIT at 11:00 a.m. before returning to Brunswick for a match against Trinity at 6:00 p.m.