WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin men's soccer team scored three first half goals to collect a 3-1 midweek win over Thomas College on Wednesday evening.
The Polar Bears climb to 6-2-4 on the season. The Terriers fall to 6-7-1.
- Bowdoin got on the board just 4:31 into action. Julian Juantorena fed Charlie Ward in the center, three yards from the top of the box, and Ward launched a shot neatly into the top left corner.
- Dylan Reid nearly converted on a corner kick, heading the ball from the far left side only to see the ball turned away by a Thomas header inside the post
- Alex Chaban doubled the lead in the 26th minute. With a Thomas defender trying to make a quick pass, Chaban intercepted and took two steps before skimming a ball across the turf from the top right corner of the box to the far post.
- Michael Webber made his first save of the game in the 31st minute, swatting the ball over the crossbar on a close-range chip from Drew Parsons.
- With six minutes remaining in the half, Drake Byrd made it 3-0. Byrd bested a pair of defenders and booted a left footed shot inside the near post.
- Thomas broke through at 41:01 on a successful penalty kick off the foot of Parsons.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 24-9 shot advantage and 12-5 edge in corner kicks.
- Webber made three saves.
- Jonathan LeClair made two saves in the first half. John Villanueva made a pair in the second frame.
- The Polar Bears host Colby on Wednesday, October 26, at 3:00 PM.