Sep 10, 2019
BANGOR, Maine – Drake Byrd scored two goals to lead the Bowdoin men's soccer team to a 4-1 win at Husson on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears are 2-1-0 on the season, while the Eagles fall to 1-3-0.
- Husson jumped out to an early lead, scoring under three minutes into action. Ben Shumway finished off a feed from Joao Passoni to go up 1-0.
- Bowdoin broke through in the 25th minute with Byrd's first of the day.
- The Polar Bears took their first lead of the game with under five minutes remaining in the half. Max McPherron finished off a pass from Matthew Braver to go ahead 2-1.
- Byrd added a second unassisted tally 11 minutes into the second half. Dylan Reid capped the game with Bowdoin's fourth score of the night, with a helper recorded by Harry Cooper.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 19-7 edge in shots.
- The Polar Bears had a 6-1 corner kick advantage.
- Chris Kingston made two stops for Bowdoin.
- Nikoloz Bulashvili made five saves for Husson.
- Bowdoin plays its home opener on Saturday at noon when Middlebury comes to Brunswick.