AMHERST, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's soccer team lost a tightly contested NESCAC Quarterfinal at Amherst on Sunday afternoon in a 1-0 final.
The fifth-seeded Polar Bears (9-5-2) played at fourth-seeded Amherst (12-3-1) in a rematch of the teams' NESCAC opening weekend contest.
- Ten minutes into the game, Bowdoin nearly converted on a corner kick that set up Jack Shultz for a blast from 30 yards out. Bernie White denied the initial shot and subsequent rebound.
- Dane Lind responded five minutes later with a point-blank volley that Chris Kingston blocked.
- At 20:31, Amherst's Andres Pascual-Leone scored the game's lone goal. Bryce Jonhson found Pascual-Leone on the far left post with a throw in. Pascaual-Leone volleyed his shot off the Kingston and just barely over the goal line.
- Ten minutes later, Kingston made a diving save on a shot that was heading for the top right corner.
By the Numbers
- Kingston made eight stops for the Polar Bears.
- White made five saves for Amherst.
- Amherst held a 19-8 shot advantage.
- Bowdoin took a 6-5 edge in corner kicks.