GORHAM, Maine – The Bowdoin men's soccer team scored four second half goals to cruise to a 6-0 win over host University of Southern Maine on Wednesday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 4-3-0, while the Huskies drop to 2-6-1.
- Moctar Niang put the Polar Bears on the board in the 29th minute, putting away a header on a corner kick feed from Harry Cooper.
- With just three minutes remaining in the half, Matty McColl tallied an unassisted mark.
- Will Herman scored the first of Bowdoin's four goals in the second half, netting the ball seven minutes into the frame.
- Niang finished off a free kick feed, this time from Alex Chaban, in the 56th minute.
- Dylan Reid recorded his first collegiate goal off a ball from Niang and McColl.
- Ryan Donlan capped the game with his first goal as a Polar Bear at 71:12. Juan Magalhaes earned the assist.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 25-2 edge in shots and 8-1 corner kick advantage.
- Owen Wolfson picked up the win in net with a save.
- USM's keeper's combined for 11 saves, ten of which came from Simon Hulbert.
- Bowdoin hosts Thomas College on Monday at 3:30 p.m.