MIDDLETON, Conn. – The Bowdoin men's soccer team dropped a 2-0 decision to Wesleyan on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears fall to 2-3-0 (0-2-0 NESCAC). The Cardinals pick up a win in their first conference game of the season (2-2-0, 1-0-0 NESCAC).
- Wesleyan got on the board 4:06 into the game as Mike Gallo took advantage of a defensive breakdown to put the hosts ahead.
- The Polar Bears looked for an equalizer, but the Wesleyan defense denied four back-to-back opportunities.
- The Cardinals doubled their tally in the 24th minute as James Schubauer headed a shot into the back of the net.
- Moctar Niang nearly put Bowdoin on the board in the 79th minute, but watched as his header soared just wide.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin outshot Wesleyan by a 15-9 mark and held a 4-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Chris Franklin made five saves for the Cardinals.
- Owen Wolfson made three stops for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin plays at Middlebury next Saturday at noon.