Apr 10, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine – A big third quarter lifted the Colby men's lacrosse team to a 9-6 win Wednesday night over Bowdoin.
The Mules improve to 6-4 (3-4 NESCAC) while Bowdoin drops to 6-6 (2-5 NESCAC).
- In a low-scoring affair, a five-goal third quarter by Colby proved to be the difference.
- The teams were tied 1-1 after one quarter and 3-3 at the half. Nick Iznaga, Kendall Rogers and Will Murtagh accounted for the Bowdoin goals in the first thirty minutes.
- After a Donal Mullane goal gave Bowdoin a 4-3 lead to open the third quarter, the Mules answered with five goals in a span of 5:57 to take a commanding 8-4 lead.
- Iznaga and Jake Crossman scored fourth quarter goals for Bowdoin, who couldn't complete a fourth-quarter comeback.
By The Numbers
- CJ Hassan led Colby with two goals and an assist.
- Nick Iznaga had two goals and an assist for Bowdoin, who got four ground balls and two caused turnovers from Caleb Geitz.
- Michael Covell made eight saves for the Polar Bears while C.J. Layton stopped 15 for the Mules.
- Bowdoin owned a 43-26 edge in shots and went 2-4 with the man-up.
- The Polar Bears have three NESCAC games remaining on the schedule, starting with a big home contest Saturday against Wesleyan at 1:00 p.m. at Whittier Field.