BOSTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin College men's lacrosse team returned to the win column with a 12-8 non-conference win over Southern Virginia on the campus of Boston University on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears move to 6-5 with the victory while the Knights fall to 5-8 on the year.
- Jimmy Young got the scoring started for Bowdoin as the Polar Bears built a 3-1 lead after one quarter of play.
- SVU closed the gap to 3-2 with a goal to open the second quarter, but Jeff Powers sparked a 4-1 Bowdoin run before halftime, scoring three times to give the Polar Bears a 7-3 edge at intermission.
- Bowdoin got third quarter scorers from Bradley Ingersoll and Jake Crossman to push the lead to six goals, 9-3.
- Donal Mullane, Reed Baker and Young secured the win with fourth quarter insurance markers as the Knights scored the final two goals of the game to trim the final margin to four, 12-8.
By The Numbers
- Jeff Powers led Bowdoin with four goals in the win. Jimmy Young had two goals and an assist. Donal Mullane had a goal and two assists for the Polar Bears.
- Complete box score/game stats will be available on Sunday morning.
- Bowdoin returns to NESCAC play on Wednesday night in Waterville with a big conference game against Colby at 7:00 p.m.