BABSON PARK, Mass. – The Bowdoin College men's lacrosse team scored the first seven goals of the game and cruised to a 19-8 non-conference win over Babson on Wednesday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 3-1 this season while the Beavers fall to 2-4.
- Bowdoin scored seven times in a span of 5:01 to take complete command of the game.
- Chris Fowler scored twice in the run and added an assist. Will Murtagh scored once and added a helper to give the Polar Bears the early lead.
- Sam Carlin capped the first quarter with a goal to give the visitors a 8-2 lead after one frame.
- The teams traded three goals apiece in the second quarter as Bowdoin owned an 11-5 at the break.
- The Polar Bears put the game away in the third quarter, scoring five unanswered goals. Brad Ingersoll, Sam Langan, Zach Chandler, Jeff Powers and Chris Fowler accounted for the scores as Bowdoin extended their lead to as many as 13 goals in the fourth quarter on their way to the win.
By The Numbers
- Chris Fowler led Bowdoin with four goals and an assist while Jeff Powers and Sam Langan had three goals apiece for the Polar Bears.
- Will Murtagh had a goal and four assists to spark the Polar Bear attack.
- Sam Carlin won 20 of 25 faceoffs for Bowdoin, who also accounted for 15 ground balls.
- Jack O'Connor had six saves for the Polar Bears before giving way to Caleb Green over the final 2:10.
- Bowdoin will host Hamilton on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at Whittier Field.