MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Bowdoin College men's lacrosse team couldn't overcome a third-quarter drought in a 12-8 setback at Wesleyan University on Saturday.
The Polar Bears fall to 8-4 (4-4 NESCAC) while the Cardinals improve to 10-2 (7-1 NESCAC).
- The teams traded goals in the first period as Brett Kujala and Shawn Daly gave the Polar Bears a 2-0 lead before Wesleyan answered with consecutive goals by Ronan Jacoby.
- The Cardinals used a 3-0 run to take the lead in the second quarter before goals by Daly and Kujala stemmed the tide.
- Wesleyan carried a 7-4 lead into the half thanks to a goal by Taylor Ghesquiere with 12 seconds left in the period.
- Bowdoin went scoreless in the third quarter, however, as the Cardinals scored twice and extended their lead with the first two goals of the fourth quarter, holding a 11-4 lead with under 12 minutes to play.
- Bowdoin rolled off a 5-1 run over the final 10:43 but it proved to be too late, as the Cardinals held on for the 12-8 win.
By The Numbers
- Shawn Daly had four goals and an assist for the Polar Bears.
- Harry Stanton finished with four goals for the Cardinals.
- John Young played well in the defeat for Bowdoin, stopping 13 shots while Otto Bohan made five saves for Wesleyan.
- Wesleyan owned a 44-25 advantage in shots and Bowdoin didn't help its cause with 27 turnovers on the afternoon.
- Bowdoin will look to rebound next Saturday as they host Williams on Ryan Field (location change) at 1:00 p.m. Senior Day festivities will begin shortly before game time.