DAVENPORT, Fla. - The Bowdoin College men's lacrosse team netted its first win of the 2017 season with a 17-7 victory over Hamilton on Saturday in Florida.
The Polar Bears move to 1-2 (1-1 NESCAC) with the win while the Continentals fall to 2-3 (1-2 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin got off to a solid start, jumping to a 5-2 lead after one quarter of play thanks to a pair of goals from Jeff Powers and extended their advantage to 9-3 at halftime as Matthew Crowell scored three times in the second period.
- The Polar Bears put the game away with seven goals in the third quarter. Powers scored twice more and Jimmy Young added two in the period as Bowdoin carried a 16-4 lead into the final period of play.
By The Numbers
- Sam Carlin was outstanding on face-off duties against Hamilton, winning 18 of 22 draws to control the pace of play for the Polar Bears.
- Powers and Crowell each had four goals in the victory while Jimmy Young added three goals and three assists for Bowdoin.
- Peter Mumford was credited with ten saves over the first three quarters before giving way to John Young, who made two saves overall.
Complete game stats will be posted when available