BRUNSWICK, Maine – Ethan Kimball scored with less than a minute remaining in regulation to lift the Bowdoin men's hockey team to a 2-1 win over UMass-Boston on Sunday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 3-3-0 on the year and go undefeated on the weekend. UMass-Boston sits at 4-4-0.
- Bowdoin scored the game's first goal with 1:05 remaining in the first period. Cam Berube fired a shot from the point that was turned away by Bailey MacBurnie. Andy Stoneman quickly cleaned up the rebound for his first collegiate goal.
- With under two to play in the second period, Dakota Keene broke away into the Bowdoin zone for a one-on-goal. Alex Zafonte made a sprawling save on the shot to the near post to keep UMass-Boston off the board.
- The Beacons broke through and tied the game at 8:47 in the third. Chris Peters wristed a shot from above the left circle, going top shelf for the equalizer.
- After a faceoff win the in the Bowdoin zone, Ethan Nitkin fired a shot directly on net with Zafonte making a quick blocker save to keep the game tied.
- With 57 seconds remaining in regulation, Ronnie Lestan won a faceoff on the right side and kicked the puck back to Ethan Kimball. Kimball one-timed a shot off the feed and fired the puck past MacBurnie.
By the Numbers
- MacBurnie made 26 stops for the Beacons.
- Zafonte made 31 saves for the Polar Bears.
- The Beacons were 0-for-3 on the power play.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-2 on the power play.
- The Polar Bears host Connecticut College on Friday, December 6, at 7:00 p.m.
- The Beacons host Suffolk University on Friday at 7:00 p.m.