WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin men's hockey team returned to the win column with a 6-0 victory over Albertus Magnus in the opening game of the Bowdoin-Colby Classic on Saturday.
The Polar Bears improve to 2-3-0 on the year. The Falcons (0-6-2) are still in search of their first win.
- The Polar Bears got on the board just 40 seconds into action as Kyle Jadatz finished off a feed from Max Ginsberg.
- With just under seven minutes played, Bowdoin doubled its lead on the power play. Thomas Dunleavy tallied the goal with helpers from Chris Brown and Bobby Pearl.
- Bowdoin put up four goals in the second period. Jimmy Duffy and Bradley Ingersoll scored within 34 seconds of each other earlyl in the frame.
- Ean Small and Christian Capello also put quick back-to-back goals up midway through the period.
By the Numbers
- In total, 11 Bowdoin players tallied a point during the game.
- Alex Zafonte picked up a 28 save shutout victory.
- Albertus Magnus's goalies combined for 43 saves.
- Bowdoin went 1-for-7 on the power play.
- The Falcons were 0-for-6 on the power play.
- Bowdoin hosts UMass-Boston tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. in the final game of the Bowdoin-Colby Classic.