WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's ice hockey team suffered a 5-1 setback to Williams on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears at 1-1-0 (1-1-0 NESCAC) following their first NESCAC weekend. The Ephs are 2-0-0 (2-0-0 NESCAC).
- Williams took a 2-0 lead into the first intermission off a power play goal by Niko Karamanis and an even strength goal from Will Somers.
- Bowdoin cut the lead to one midway through the second. Jimmy Duffy cleaned up a rebound off initial shots from Albert Washco and Pat Geary.
- Williams controlled play for the remainder of the game, stretching the lead back to 3-1 late in the frame.
- A pair of Ephs power play goals early in the third iced the game.
By the Numbers
- Alex Zafonte made 30 stops for Bowdoin.
- Evan Ruschil made 40 saves for Williams.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-4 on the power play.
- The Ephs were 3-for-8 with the extra skater.
- The Polar Bears play at Colby on November 23 at 7:00 p.m.