MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Middlebury men's hockey team scored in all three periods to skate to a 6-3 victory over Bowdoin on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears are 5-9-2 (3-7-1 NESCAC), while the Panthers are 7-7-1 (4-5-1 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin scored the game's first goal in the opening period. Michael Brown circled the Middlebury net and centered a pass to the top of the crease for Christian Capello to redirect at 2:32.
- Middlebury pulled even with 11:03 on the clock as Tyler Capello put a rebound away in the slot. Three minutes later the Panthers added a tally off a wrister from Zach Shapiro.
- In the second period, Middlebury extended its lead on a power play wrister by Jimmy McKee in the high slot.
- Cam Berube answered for the Polar Bears, pulling the visitors within one, with five minutes to play in the second.
- The Panthers went up 4-2, 5:36 into the final frame. Bowdoin pulled within one off a successful penalty shot from Thomas Dunleavy.
- Midway through the period Mitchell Allen pushed Middlebury's lead back to two after putting away a rebound. Allen added an empty-netter in the final seconds.
By the Numbers
- Alex Zafonte ended the day with 21 saves.
- Adam Wisco matched Zafonte with 21 stops.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-7 on the power play.
- Middlebury was 1-for-3 with the extra skater.
- Bowdoin hosts Saint Anslem on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.