WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's hockey team played nearly 55 minutes without allowing a goal before the Williams Ephs skated to a 2-0 Friday night victory.
The Polar Bears are 5-8-2 (3-6-1 NESCAC). Williams climb to 10-4-1 (6-2-1 NESCAC).
- Alex Zafonte denied 10 shots in the first period and 11 in the second as the Ephs held a 21-10 edge in shots through 40 minutes of action,
- Wyatt Glover rang a shot off the post in the last four minutes of the second period.
- On the penalty kill in the third, Ronnie Lestan fired a short-handed shot on net and required Michael Pinios to make a play. Bowdoin allowed just one shot on net during the Williams power play.
- The Ephs scored with 5:12 remaining in the game to go ahead 1-0. Peter Christie found Mike Armstrong coming off a transition out of the Williams zone.
- Nick Altmann iced the game with an empty-netter with 50 seconds to play.
By the Numbers
- Zafonte made 31 saves for the Polar Bears.
- Pinios recorded 15 saves.
- The Ephs were 0-for-2 on the power play and stayed out of the penalty box.
- The Polar Bears play at Middlebury on Saturday with a rescheduled 3:00 p.m. start time.