NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Bowdoin men's ice hockey team scored five unanswered goals in the final two periods to cruise to a 5-2 victory over host Connecticut College.
The Polar Bears climb to 4-4-1 (2-2-1 NESCAC). The Camels are still winless in the conference at 2-6-1 (0-5-1 NESCAC).
- The Camels took a 2-0 lead after the first 20 minutes of action. AJ Wallace scored 9:13 into the game and Paul Capozzi extended the lead six minutes later.
- Bowdoin chipped away at Connecticut's lead with a power play goal from Ronnie Lestan at 3:11 in the second. Austin Ricci tied the game with another power play goal at 12:28. Sam Topham and Cody Todesco recorded helpers on Lestan's goal, while Thomas Dunleavy and Kyle Jadatz tallied points on Ricci's.
- Todesco scored his first of three goals with a solo effort in the final 30 seconds of the second period.
- Todesco put a pair of shots in the net in the third, beginning at 13:40 off feeds from Ricci and Chris Wallace. He capped the game with an empty netter in the final 36 seconds.
By the Numbers
- Erik Wurman collected the win with a 31 save performance.
- Avery Gobbo made 27 stops for the Camels.
- Bowdoin went 2-for-5 on the power play.
- Connecticut College went 0-for-4 on the power play.
- The Polar Bears return to action on January 4 at Amherst.