Posted: Dec 04, 2018
GORHAM, Maine – The Bowdoin men's ice hockey team mounted a third period comeback to defeat host Southern Maine 5-4 on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 3-3-1 on the year. The Huskies sit at 1-8-2.
- Bowdoin jumped out to a two goal lead in the first period. Jack Bliss put the Polar Bears on the board at 8:10 off an assist from Collin Van der Veen. Just over a minute later, Albert Washco doubled the total.
- The Huskies pulled within one, a minute into the second period. Cody Todesco pushed Bowdoin back out to a 3-1 lead midway through the frame, but the Huskies offense answered quickly.
- USM scored a power play goal at 12:36 and another at 19:19 to tie the game at 3-3. An unassisted goal by Cody Braga in the final second of the period gave the Huskies a lead.
- Austin Ricci tied the game for the Polar Bears five minutes into the third, finishing off a feed from Michael Brown.
- Jimmy Duffy recorded the game-winner at 11:26 to regain the lead for Bowdoin. Pat Geary found Duffy for the tally.
By the Numbers
- Alex Zafonte made 27 saves in net for Bowdoin to collect his first win of the season.
- Peter Ciccarelli also stopped 27 shots for USM.
- USM went 2-for-5 on the power play.
- Bowdoin went 1-for-2 on the power play.
- Bowdoin returns to NESCAC action with a 7:00 p.m. game at Tufts on Friday.