BIDDEFORD, Maine – The Bowdoin men's ice hockey team surrendered four second period goals to nationally ranked University of New England in a 7-1 loss on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears drop to 1-2-0 as the eighth-ranked Nor'Easters climb to 6-1-0.
- UNE scored the game's first goal 15 minutes into the opening period. Bowdoin responded as Albert Washco recorded his first collegiate goal three minutes later to send the teams into the first intermission tied at 1-1.
- The Nor'Easters blew the game open in the second period, scoring four goals in the span of three minutes to take a commanding 5-1 lead after two. All four goals came on the power play for UNE.
- The hosts added a goal under two minutes into the third period to extend their lead and pushed the tally to seven with four minutes remaining.
By the Numbers
- UNE outshot the Polar Bears by a 44-27 margin.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-4 on the power play.
- Alex Zafonte made 37 saves in net.
- Tate Sproxton made 26 stops for the Nor'Easters.
- The Polar Bears host Wentworth on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. in the opening day of the Bowdoin-Colby Faceoff Classic.